Using the Output parameter rule using OUT parameters of type String is only possible.
However, when creating the OUT parameters, you can select other types (which you cannot use anywhere). We do not support OUT parameters of other types, so we should not list them in the Parameters window when the direction Out is selected. Please see below:
- On the parameter window, you can select OUT parameters (Direction Out) types that cannot be used for OUT parameters. Only String is currently allowed, so the list should only show String. (You might get confused when using the Output parameter rule, where you cannot select OUT parameters of other types, except for String)
- When parameter with direction OUT is made mandatory, you would expect an error when this parameter is left empty. That is not the case as the Datatransformer will go to status Completed.
- You can select an OUT parameter on rules where you want to use a parameter value, but these parameters will never get a value.
- When creating an OUT parameter, the Example Value is mandatory. However, this value will never be used in case of an OUT parameter (of course, it does make sense for IN and IN/OUT parameters)
- Renaming parameters will not show invalid rules that use the parameters, but it also does not update the existing ones that use them. So, the field parameter selection is empty, so the rule doesn’t work.
To fix the Out parameter